Build real-world programming skills—and prepare for MCP Exams 70-310 and 70-320—with this official Microsoft® study guide. Work at your own pace through the lessons and hands-on exercises to learn how to build XML Web services and server components using Visual Basic®.NET and Visual C#™ .NET. Then extend your expertise through additional skill-building exercises. As you gain practical experience with essential development tasks, you’re also preparing for MCAD or MCSD certification for Microsoft .NET.
- Creating and managing Microsoft Windows® services, serviced components, .NET remoting objects, and XML Web services
- Consuming and manipulating data
- Testing and debugging
- Deploying Windows services, serviced components, .NET remoting objects, and XML Web services
YOUR KIT INCLUDES:
- 60-day evaluation version of Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET Professional Edition development software on DVD
- Testing tool that generates timed, 50-question practice exams featuring scenarios and case studies for both Visual Basic .NET and C# programmers, plus automated scoring
- Comprehensive self-paced study guide that maps to MCP exam goals and objectives
- Learn-by-doing exercises for skills you can apply to the job
- Fully searchable eBook
A Note Regarding the CD or DVD
The print version of this book ships with a CD or DVD. For those customers purchasing one of the digital formats in which this book is available, we are pleased to offer the CD/DVD content as a free download via O'Reilly Media's Digital Distribution services. To download this content, please visit O'Reilly's web site, search for the title of this book to find its catalog page, and click on the link below the cover image (Examples, Companion Content, or Practice Files). Note that while we provide as much of the media content as we are able via free download, we are sometimes limited by licensing restrictions. Please direct any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org.