The professional programmer’s Deitel® guide to Java™ SE 7 and SE 8 (Java 8) development with the powerful Java™ platform
Written for programmers with a background in high-level language programming, this book applies the Deitel signature live-code approach to teaching programming and explores the Java™ language and Java™ APIs in depth. The book presents¿ concepts in the context of fully tested programs, complete with syntax shading, code highlighting, line-by-line code walkthroughs and program outputs. The book features hundreds of complete Java™ programs with thousands of lines of proven Java™ code, and hundreds of tips that will help you build robust applications.
Start with an introduction to Java™ using an early classes and objects approach, then rapidly move on to more advanced topics, including GUI, graphics, exception handling, lambdas, streams, functional interfaces, object serialization, concurrency, generics, generic collections, JDBC™ and more. You’ll enjoy the Deitels’ classic treatment of object-oriented programming and the object-oriented design ATM case study, including a complete Java™ implementation. When you’re finished, you’ll have everything you need to build industrial-strength object-oriented¿¿ Java™ SE 7 and SE 8 (Java 8) applications.
Practical, Example-Rich Coverage of:
• Java™ SE 7 and SE 8 (Java 8)
• Lambdas, Streams, Functional Interfaces with Default and Static Methods
• Classes, Objects, Encapsulation,¿ Inheritance, Polymorphism, Interfaces
• Swing and JavaFX GUIs; Graphics
• Integrated Exception Handling
• Files, Streams, Object Serialization
• Multithreading and Concurrency for Optimal Multi-Core Performance
• Generics and Generic Collections
• Database (JDBC™, SQL and JavaDB)
• Using the Debugger and the API Docs
• Industrial-Strength, Object-Oriented Design ATM Case Study and more.
• Download code examples
• For information on Deitel’s Dive Into® Series programming training courses delivered at organizations worldwide visit www.deitel.com/training or¿ write to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Join the Deitel social networking communities on Facebook® at¿ facebook.com/DeitelFan,¿ Twitter® @deitel, Google+™ at google.com/+DeitelFan,¿¿ LinkedIn® at bit.ly/DeitelLinkedIn, YouTube™ at¿ youtube.com/user/DeitelTV• Subscribe to the Deitel® Buzz Online e-mail newsletter at¿ www.deitel.com/newsletter/ subscribe.html