If you’ve dipped a toe into Java EE development and would now like to dive right in, this is the book for you. Introduces the key components of WebLogic Server and all that’s great about Java EE 6.
- Create a complete Java EE 6 application leveraging WebLogic features like JMS, SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- Learn how to use Oracle WebLogic Server's key components and features
- Step-by-step instructions with screenshots and code samples to help understand and apply concepts
Oracle WebLogic server has long been the most important, and most innovative, application server on the market. The updates in the 12c release have seen changes to the Java EE runtime and JDK version, providing developers and administrators more powerful and feature-packed functionalities.
Getting Started with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Developer's Guide provides a practical, hands-on, introduction to the application server, helping beginners and intermediate users alike get up to speed with Java EE development, using the Oracle application server.
Starting with an overview of the new features of JDK 7 and Java EE 6, Getting Started with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c quickly moves on to showing you how to set up a WebLogic development environment, by creating a domain and setting it up to deploy the application.
Once set up, we then explain how to use the key components of WebLogic Server, showing you how to apply them using a sample application that is continually developed throughout the chapters. On the way, we'll also be exploring Java EE 6 features such as context injection, persistence layer and transactions.
After the application has been built, you will then learn how to tune its performance with some expert WebLogic Server tips.
What you will learn from this book
- Create and package applications and shared libraries that use Java EE resources such aspersistence layer, interceptors, and managed beans
- Expose and consume Web Services using both SOAP (JAX-WS) and REST (JAX-RS) technologies
- Utilize WebLogic Server's security providers to add authentication and authorization to an application
- Publish and consume messages using JMS features, understanding and programming both server and standalone client pieces
- Scale up your application using features such as session replication, caching and optimized data access
- Unlock WebLogic' full potential with expert performance tuning tips
- Understand the concepts and usage of validators, events, and listeners
Getting Started with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c is a fast-paced and feature-packed book, designed to get you working with Java EE 6, JDK 7 and Oracle WebLogic Server 12c straight away, so start developing your own applications.
Who this book is written for
Getting Started with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Developer's Guide is written for developers who are just getting started, or who have some experience, with Java EE who want to learn how to develop for and use Oracle WebLogic Server. Getting Started with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Developer's Guide also provides a great overview of the updated features of the 12c release, and how it integrates Java EE 6 and JDK 7 to remove boilerplate code.
- Getting Started with Oracle Weblogic Server 12c Developer s Guide