The CRISC Review Manual 2014 is a comprehensive reference guide designed to help individuals prepare for the CRISC exam and understand IT-related business risk management roles and responsibilities. The manual has been enhanced over the past editions and represents the most current, comprehensive, peer-reviewed IT-related business risk management resource available worldwide.
The 2014 manual is organized to assist candidates in understanding essential concepts and studying the following job practice areas:
- Risk Identification, Assessment and Evaluation
- Risk Response
- Risk Monitoring
- Information Systems Control Design and Implementation
- Information Systems Control Monitoring and Maintenance
The CRISC Review Manual 2014 features a unique learning format for focused study and is separated into two distinct parts.
Part I provides a thorough overview of the concepts related to the IT-related risk management process and the design, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of information systems (IS) controls. Each chapter contains the definitions and objectives for the five CRISC job practice domains, with the corresponding tasks performed by the risk practitioner and the knowledge that is tested on the exam. Part I also includes sample practice questions, explanations of the answers and suggested resources for further study.
Part II describes, in detail, selected business and IT processes and how they related to enterprise risk and information systems controls. For each of the selected processes it:
- Explains the process's importance to achieving business objectives
- Introduces related key terms and concepts
- Provides real-life examples of common risks
- Lists selected key risk indicators
- Describes examples of common IS controls supporting the process
- Features the practitioner's perspective
- Offers suggested reading materials and references
While this manual is an excellent stand-alone document for individual study and can be used as a guide or reference for study groups and chapters conducting local review courses, it can also be used in conjunction with the:
- CRISC Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2013
- CRISCÿ Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2013 Supplement
- CRISC Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2014 Supplement