The CISA® Review Manual 2014 is a comprehensive reference guide designed to help individuals prepare for the CISA exam and understand the roles and responsibilities of an information systems (IS) auditor. The manual has been enhanced over the past editions and represents the most current, comprehensive, peer-reviewed IS audit, assurance, security and control resource available worldwide.
The 2014 manual is organized to assist candidates in understanding essential concepts and studying the following job practice areas:
- The Process of Auditing Information Systems Governance and Management of ITInformation Systems Acquisition, Development and ImplementationInformation Systems Operations, Maintenance and SupportProtection of Information Assets
The CISA® Review Manual 2014 also features an easy-to-use format. Each of the five chapters has been divided into two sections for focused study. Section one of each chapter contains the definitions and objectives for the five areas, as well as the corresponding tasks performed by IS auditors and knowledge statements (required to plan, manage and perform IS audits) that are tested on the exam. It also includes:
- A map of the relationship of each task to the knowledge statements
- A reference guide for the knowledge statements, including the relevant concepts and explanations
- References to specific content in section two for each knowledge statement
- Self-assessment questions and explanations of the answers
- Suggested resources for further study
Section two of each chapter consists of reference material and content that supports the knowledge statements. The material enhances CISA candidates' knowledge and/or understanding when preparing for the CISA certification exam. In addition, the CISA® Review Manual 2014 includes brief chapter summaries focused on the main topics and case studies to assist candidates in understanding current practices. Also included are definitions of terms most commonly found on the exam.
This manual is excellent as a stand-alone document for individual study, as a guide or reference for study groups and chapters conducting local review courses, and it can also be used in conjunction with the:
- CISA® Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2013
- CISA® Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2013 Supplement
- CISA® Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2014 Supplement
The manual also serves as an effective desk reference for IS auditors.
- 430 pages of authoritative information written for the Potential CISA candidate
- Approximately 10 sample questions following each chapter - Answers and explanations also included