Learn, prepare, and practice for CEH v8 exam success with Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Cert Guide from Pearson IT Certification, a leader in IT certification.
- Master CEH exam topics
- Assess your knowledge with chapter-ending quizzes
- Review key concepts with exam preparation tasks
- Practice with realistic exam questions on the CD
Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Cert Guide is a best-of-breed exam study guide. Leading security consultant and certification expert Michael Gregg shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. Material is presented in a concise manner, focusing on increasing your understanding and retention of exam topics.
You'll get a complete test preparation routine organized around proven series elements and techniques. Exam topic lists make referencing easy. Chapter-ending Exam Preparation Tasks help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly. Review questions help you assess your knowledge, and a final preparation chapter guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your final study plan.
The companion CD contains the powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test engine, complete with hundreds of exam-realistic questions. The assessment engine offers you a wealth of customization options and reporting features, laying out a complete assessment of your knowledge to help you focus your study where it is needed most, so you can succeed on the exam the first time.
This study guide helps you master all the topics on the CEH v8 (312-50) exam, including
- Ethical hacking basics
- Technical foundations of hacking
- Footprinting and scanning
- Enumeration and system hacking
- Linux distros and automated assessment tools
- Trojans and backdoors
- Sniffers, session hijacking, and denial of service
- Web server hacking, web applications, and database attacks
- Wireless technologies, mobile security, and mobile attacks
- IDS, firewalls, and honeypots
- Buffer overflows, viruses, and worms
- Cryptographic attacks and defenses
- Physical security and social engineering
The CD contains two free, complete practice exams, plus memory tables and answers to help you study more efficiently and effectively.
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test minimum system requirements:
Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7, or Windows 8; Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client; Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent); 512MB RAM; 650MB disc space plus 50MB for each downloaded practice exam; access to the Internet to register and download exam databases
- Used Book in Good Condition