This one-of-a-kind package brings together everything you'll need to thoroughly prepare for your Cisco CCENT certification exam. For one discount price, you get Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide, the definitive Cisco Press exam prep guide, plus the state-of-the-art Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Network Simulator for all the hands-on practice you'll ever need. Together, these outstanding study resources help you systematically prepare for every CCENT exam topic.
In the book, Cisco CCENT/CCNA ICND1 100-101 Official Cert Guide, bestselling author and expert instructor Wendell Odom shares preparation hints and test-taking tips, helping you identify areas of weakness and improve both your conceptual knowledge and hands-on skills. This complete study package includes
- A test-preparation routine proven to help you pass the exams
- “Do I Know This Already?” quizzes, which enable you to decide how much time you need to spend on each section
- Chapter-ending and part-ending exercises, which help you drill on key concepts you must know thoroughly
- Troubleshooting sections, which help you master the complex scenarios you will face on the exam
- The powerful Pearson IT Certification Practice Test software, complete with hundreds of well-reviewed, exam-realistic questions, customization options, and detailed performance reports
- More than 90 minutes of personal video mentoring from the author
- A final preparation chapter, which guides you through tools and resources to help you craft your review and test-taking strategies
- Study plan suggestions and templates to help you organize and optimize your study time
Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Network Simulator helps you develop and improve hands-on configuration and troubleshooting skills without the investment in expensive lab hardware. This state-of-the-art, interactive simulation software enables you to practice your networking skills with more than 250 structured labs designed to help you learn by doing, the most effective method of learning. Topics covered include router and switch navigation and administration, Ethernet LAN switches, VLANs and trunking, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting, operating Cisco routers, learning IPv4 routes with OSPFv2, configuring and verifying host connectivity, subnet design, VLSM, route summarization, IPv4 Access Control Lists (ACL), Network Address Translation (NAT), IPv6 routing, and network troubleshooting.
Experience realistic network device responses as you perform each lab, which include detailed instructions, topology diagrams, critical-thinking questions, hints, and answers. Working through the labs, you will quickly become proficient with all the common Cisco IOS version 15 router and switch commands on the CCENT exam. Choose from more than 250 labs organized by lab type or by topic. Track your progress with the lab status indicator, and use the new search feature to search for commands and keywords. Review lab objectives and step-by-step instructions within each lab, opening hints and tips sections that help you when you get stuck. Record your observations on device performance in interactive tables. Enter answes to critical thinking questions and get instant feedback to verify your work. Access performance reports in this easy-to-navigate grade history screen, which store all your attempts on each lab. View device configuration details, lab question performance, time to complete each lab, and CLI activity for each device in every lab. Export lab results to PDF files for easy sharing.
Unlike other simulators on the market, the lab scenarios included in the Cisco CCENT ICND1 100-101 Network Simulator are far more complex, challenging you to learn how to perform real-world network configuration and troubleshooting tasks.
Well-regarded for their level of detail, study plans, assessment features, challenging review questions and exercises, video instruction, and hands-on labs, these study tools help you master the concepts and techniques that ensure your exam success.
Network Simulator Minimum System Requirements:
• Microsoft Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit) with SP1, Windows 7
(32-bit/64-bit) or Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit, Desktop UI only)
• Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, or 10.8
• Intel Pentium III 1GHz or faster processor
• 512MB RAM (1GB recommended)
• 500MB hard disk space
• 32-bit color depth at 1024x768 resolution
• Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8.1 and above
• Connection to the Internet during installation for access code validation
Other applications installed during installation:
• Adobe AIR 3.8
• Captive JRE 6
Pearson IT Certification Practice Test Minimum System Requirements:
- Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7, or Windows 8
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client
- Pentium class 1GHz processor (or equivalent)
- 512MB RAM
- 650MB disc space plus 50MB for each downloaded practice exam
- Connection to the Internet during installation for registration and downloading of exams
Both of these software products are single-user license desktop software applications.